Thursday, 3 September 2009

Grunge/Emo Card




Isn't she lovely !!!!! I've coloured her using watercolour pencil I then stamped around the image with a swirlie stamp and then distressed with blank ink. I made the background by stamping flourishes with black ink then grunged/distressed. The flowers are prima (I didnt have a black flower so I coloured in a bright pink one I had) The black button is from my stash.

I dont know about everyone else but autumn is definately here in Hertfordshire, its been so windy today, I do love the feeling of wind in my hair making it go wild. Cant wait for all the trees to turn beautiful colours now, ill soon be draging my poor hubby through the wood to look at the trees and go funghi spotting, i love it when we find the perfect toodstool :)

11 comments:

Mina said...

wow Laura yes she fabulous, I love this funky image
Mina xxx

Tara said...

YAY, we love Autumn, lol!
This card is amazing Laura, you've found such a unique style here. Love the way you altered the button too!
Hugs Tara xx

craftypagan said...

Love love love this! I adore the style of this-it's so beautiful! That stamp is fab. Hey-well done on winning at the greeting farm-what stamp set did ya choose? Thank you for always leaving me such lovely comments and being so supportive-it means a lot:)

Heather said...

Hi you - Just love this....the colours....the image...the stamping....everything!!! Let's face it I'm a grunge girl at heart.
hugs Heather xx

Elaine said...

This is awesome, Laura! I love these images and your card is fantastic!

Stephanie said...

She is gorgeous! I am loving these cards hun :)

I'm sure hubby won't mind - sounds quite idyllic to me

Hugs
xxx

Stephanie said...

Just noticed your question - the 'deer' paper is October Afternoon - I have none left or I would have sent it to you :(
Hugs xxx

gina g said...

wow love this Laura i love the image. luv gina xx

Georgia said...

Hi Laura,
Thanks so much for entering the CCC DT Call and for putting a post about it below! :)
I absolutely love your card, the image is fabulous, haven't seen this one before, but I love her! Gorgeous colours too!
Love, Georgia xx

deb famularo said...

Wow, your work is amazing! I adore this! xOxO deb

Amy said...

Awesome! I love the different style!