Friday, 2 October 2009

Crafty Calander Challenge is Finally Here !!!!



Well here it is my first ever DT card !!! To say I was happy when Georgia asked me to be a DT member is a little bit of an understatement, I was over the moon that she asked me to be part of the team for the Craft Calender Challenge Blog. Today is the launch of the first ever challenge so please pop on over and check it out (there is a link on my sidebar) It is a monthly challenge that will be set on the first Friday of every month. The challenge this month is to make an autumn themed card with the added option of using some kind of plant or vegitation on your card. I love this tilda image and couldnt resist using her for this challenge, I have coloured using watercolour pencil and I smudged gold ink around my image for a distressed look. The paper were given to me by the lovely Tara, thanks again hun xxx the ribbon is from my stash. The flowers are prima with a gem in the centre and the leaves are a Leone punch. The gorgeous little pumpkins are some buttons I found at Hobbycraft.

Our sponsor this month is the 'sketching stamper' Chris is offering a fantastic prize for one lucky winner: six images of their choice from her shop the Sketching Stamper Digi-Stamps.

You have until 8:00pm (UK TIME) on Thursday 5th November to enter. A new challenge will be posted on Friday 6th November.

Make sure you visit the other design team members blogs too, all of their creations are wonderful, I cant wait to see what you all create too.

10 comments:

Tara said...

This is so gorgeous Laura and those papers look fab. I love your choice of image too, one of my fave Tildas! Huge congrats on your first DT card hun, it rocks!!
Have a great weekend ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Georgia said...

I absolutely love your beautiful card Laura, let's hope we get lots of entries! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Jane said...

I love the beautiful colours of your card Laura and your gorgeous image and details! Gorgeous card! hugs, Jane x

Jodi said...

A very pretty and festive card for fall! I love these colors and the cute image too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

gina g said...

Hi Laura This is gorgeous love the image and the layout is fab. Have a lovely weekend. luv gina xx

Ruth said...

This is really cute,Ruth x

Lexxie said...

Fantastic autumnal card Laura. Love this Tilda and all the fab detail,
Gorgeous work,
Love Sarita xx

craftypagan said...

Totally fantastic job on your first dt card! Love it! That tilda is a cutie isn't she?! You've distressed the image perfectly too! Have lots of fun on your new dt journey, and very well deserved it is too may I add! Hope you've had a lovely wkend:) Lots of Love, Rowena

Diane Duda said...

Great job! Don't you just love fall!!!

theneon said...

Congratulations on being selected as part of the design team for this exciting new blog. Your card truly portrays autumn and is delightful in every way (not to mention cute Tilda)