Friday, 30 October 2009

Something a little different




Ok so I love to get down and dirty sometimes (ooooo that sounds rude hehehehe) I love a good bit of grunging !!!!! I started off with a bit of plain boring black paper which I distressed to the max, them I stamped using tim holtz stamps which I heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Then I got a piece of white card that i stamped the heart stamp on to (also tim holtz) coloured and then added crackle paint too (love that stuff) then I distressed, inked and ripped till my hearts content and this was the final result, im really pleased with how it turned out.

Im so looking forward to this weekend :) Halloween !!!!! I am having a halloween fancy dress party this year for my close friends so I will be decorating my house tomorrow and making it look all spooky :) this will then be followed my far to many sweets, apple bobbing, copious amounts of wine and cheesy horror films !!!! woohoo what more could you want, i think my choice of films will be corpse bride, the nightmare before christmas and corline :) all perfectly spooky in my opinion :)

what ever your doing i hope you all have a fab weekend xxxx

7 comments:

Tara said...

Wow Laura, very grungy and I love the end result.....stunning!
Have a great weekend ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Georgia said...

This is absolutely fab Laura! The heart is gorgeous, I love your colouring - and the gold heat embossing looks stunning! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Julie said...

Oh I do love this Laura - fab project!!! The heart especially is beautiful. Have fun with your halloween party!! Is Edward coming? You wish!!! Juliexx

Mina said...

stunning Laura this is just fabulous
Mina xxx

gina g said...

Hi Laura Wow this is brilliant i love it. Hope you have a fab weekend. luv gina xx

Lyn said...

wow I love this - it's one of my favourite stamps too. Have a great halloween party
Lyn

theneon said...

you should indeed be pleased with this -- your stressing to the max has made it ultra to the max! Your Halloween party must have been a great event!