Wednesday, 30 September 2009

First Ever Art Journal Page



Well here it is I finally took the plunge ... here is my first ever art journal page, let me know what you think. I painted, stamped, distressed and scribbled was so much fun making so much mess, think I will definately be making some more, it nice to just go for it for a change and experiment. I used my new tim holtz stamp and rock candy crackle paint LOVE IT !!!!!

14 comments:

Dylan said...

How cool is that...???Love, love, love the background. And writing as well..!!! You sure you havent secretly done it before..?? lmao.
This is only the beginning now babe..xx

katy said...

Alright c'mon this is FAB !!! What a cool page and i LOVE that stamp...you done a good job Laura :) xx

Julie said...

Wow you really did go for it!! This is fab - love it with the heart at the centre!!

Muckypup said...

Verrry cool. Look out, the rest of your life is going to be going on hold now whilst you journal like crazy. I'm supposed to be lesson planning right now, but have been buying collage sheets from etsy and printing them off for a journal page that I have been trying to do for two days. Why do we have to go to work and do washing and ironing and cooking and....

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooooh it's a beauty! Well done for taking the plunge. There'll be no stopping you now :-)

Sandra Hall said...

Hello Laura, found your blog via Dyans...your journal page is fab, fab, fab! and that heart with the crackle rock paint - ooooh just fab! I'm just a beginner myself (although I have journalled for years) adding the arty stuff is soooo much more fun.

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh well done you!! This is stunning!

Lyn said...

Wow this is fab !! Is it really your first page ? Amazing stuff !
Lyn x

Mina said...

wow this is just amazing...stunning stamp
Mina xxx

Jodi said...

This is fabulous! I love all the techniques you used to create these pages...I think you can even make your own paper too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Stephanie said...

Oh wow - I just love this 'look' but would never be brave enough to attempt it!! You have done a marvellous job hun - way to go girl!!
Love Steph xxx

Georgia said...

Oh wow Laura, this is fantastic! I love the messed-up effect and the stamp is lovely! :)
Love, Georgia xx

gina g said...

Hi Laura wow this is fab love the stamp, well done. luv gina xx

Enfys said...

Hi Laura, this is really, really cool. I adore this arty look, but can never achieve it myself, so lost in admiration...
hugs
Enfys