Wednesday, 17 February 2010

I'm in Love ....



.... with sweet pea stamps !!!!!

WOW this image is soooo gorgeous, it was really hard to choose which one to use first, this image is called winter watcher and I thought she was going to be hard to colour at first but I really enjoyed using this image I decided to stick to 2 colours, purple and blue which i think worked out well. Cant wait to get my little inky fingers colouring in the next one now hehehehe

I coloured the image using watercolour pencils and used a silver pen to colour in the trees in the background, this doesnt show brilliantly in the pictures. The background card I made myself using purple card stock, a flourish stamp and black stazon ink. The flowers are petaloo (or something like that) with buttons for the centres and the gems and ribbon are from my stash.

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card!!! Love this image it's one I am waiting for. You have done a great job with her. Caroline x

sweetpeastamps said...

This is beautiful, I love the colors you chose. Great job

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Laura love the colours you've used,lovely to work with aren't they, i cant stop buying them i think i might be addicted to these little beauties lol. take care luv gina xx

Dawn said...

Love love love this card! xxx

Heather said...

This is stunning huni, love what you've done with her, fabulous colours and gorgeous details. Still haven't received mine. Next time I emigrate it's do a country with warm weather and a good postal system.
hugs Heather xx

Angela said...

Laura, this is beautiful!! Love the purple and blue tones!!! ANd the cats eye is stunning!! I know excatly what you are talking about I AM ADDICTED!! I own all of them!! And can't wait for more!! I just started working on her DT. Stop by my blog and take a look!! I will be following your blog to see your next creations!!! Can't wait!! If for some reason it takes a while to get your Sweet Pea orders, she is a one woman show!! And she make's her own stamps!!How awesome is that.
Hugs:)
Angela

Karina said...

Hi Laura, like you I fell in love with sweet pea stamps and received my ordered ones few days ago. I also had the hard choice with which one I have to start playing :o). Your card got so beautyful. I wanted to become your follower, but this function doesn't work right now.
Love from Karina

Georgia said...

Fabulous card Laura - I really love the purple and the flowers look gorgeous! :)
Love, Georgia xx

katy said...

Hiya love, sorry I havn't been by in a while, I'm a hopeless blogger most of the time....hope you are well and ta for all your lovely visits...oh and my award, thank you for thinking of me Hugs Katy x

Karina said...

Dear Laura

occasionally I landed on your blog and didn't want to go without writing you a word. I very like the artwork you do and am sure to take a look again from time to time.

By the way, right now I have a Candy to give away, if you like try your luck; http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2010/02/candy-zum-1-blog-geburtstag.html

Mina said...

gorgeous Laura, I love how you used the stamp in monochromatic colours, it works perfectly
Mina xxx