Wednesday, 19 August 2009

ROP Challenge - Orange, Brown and Warm Red



I dont know why but these coloured were screaming at me to make an oriental card. The image is by the greeting farm, I have stamped a cherry blossom stamp in the background, my water pen was playing up last night and I ended up with too much water on the brush which ended up making the brown hair look a bit strange, oh well everything cant go smoothly all the time I suppose !!!! The papers are by papermania. The flowers are prima with brads for the centres. The little square metal thing in the top left corner is also by papermania. I added distress stickes to the flower in her hair and also the cherry blossoms in the background but this hasnt shown in the photo too well. I dont think I overly like this card, its definately not my best.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Ooh your do make me laugh - 'the little metal thing' indeed - though have to admit I don't know what I'd call it a frame maybe!! Love the cute little geisha with her orange eyeshadow. Gorgeous colours and papers.
Forgive my lack of visits and comments recently - now I'm settled in Germany I'll be back more often.
hugs Heather xx

Tara said...

I love the floral effecta around your image Laura and the colours are so rich and perfect for Oriental!
Hugs Tara xx

Mina said...

Your too technical for me Laura...little metal thing lol...gorgeous card and your right about the colours suiting oriental
Mina xxx

gina g said...

Well i think its a gorgeous card Laura and the colours are perfect for oriental, you and your thing me and my thingy bob lol. luv gina xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Laura,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Stephanie said...

What a super card! & the hair looks fab hun :)

Hugs xxx

Iris Wiechmann said...

Lovely geisha card!! Thanks for playing with us at Roses on Paper.

Hugs,
Iris

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! Love the colors and these image is adorable ~ love the Greeting Farm images!! I also love that top pic of Edward ~ gorgeous never seen that one before!! LOL
:)Kathy